Thursday, September 01, 2011

The Writing on the Wall.

Writing is on the Wall Writing is on the Wall Writing is on the Wall I love the romantic notion of carving the initials of the one you love along side your own. A sort of mini "we are in love and we were here" billboard if you will. When done to live trees it sort of irks me just because it can damage or potentially kill the tree. But when it's done to other structures such as this hiking shelter on the trail to Hanging Lake, I love it. I know there are those out there who will say it's a desecration of state property, but I'm ok with that. Simply because you won't find a a negative message anywhere on this hut. It is filled with sweet nothings, hearts and amore. Think of it less of a hiking shelter and more of shrine to love.

No comments: