Friday, January 24, 2014

Off the 101.

Oregon cliff Oregon Coast - 2010

I'm currently working on a new website and sorting through tens of thousands of images I've shot in the past few years. During this process I occasionally come across a picture that I shot, but missed during my initial edits. Sometimes I'll miss it because I'm in a hurry, or I'm looking for a specific image, or simply because I wasn't ready to understand what I had shot. When I shot this image, I didn't fancy myself as a landscape photographer, it just wan't my bag. I didn't have the patience or the mindset. After moving to Colorado a few years ago and being immersed in beautiful landscapes daily, my photographic tendencies changed and I have felt this drive to photograph landscapes and nature imagery. Living where I live, how could I not? This is definitely a departure from my usual urban and street photography. Change is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I am a long long way from being a true landscape photographer. We all have to start somewhere.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Janasena good story

Crystal said...

That's a very nice picture. Just another reason for me to travel to US.

Thanks!

___________________
Gynaecologist
Psychiatrist

Unknown said...

Such a nice photo
Vertical Garden Planters

Anonymous said...

Your photos are really awesome! Keep doing what you're doing!!!! :)