Sunday, October 02, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different.

Tawanda Tawanda

To be honest, I am no fashion shooter. It's just not something that I have done a lot of. I have nothing against it, it's just that I am not a great director and it's really hard for me to get across to a model what I would like for them to do. Plus, there's the added stress of taking a beautiful individual and accidentally making them look horrible due to poor lighting and angles. Those photographers that are good at it are a different breed and I applaud them for their skill. I would like to get better at this genre, not so much to become a fashion shooter, but to better understand lighting and directing. Not that I think Vogue is going to come calling anytime soon, but I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome of these images. Tawanda was a wonderful model to work with as she just rolled with it and was able to throw out some pretty nice "looks".

Model - Tawanda

Stylist - Willam Crawford

No comments: