Friday, July 29, 2011

Skyscrapers of the Plains.

Between Fargo and Grand Forks (B/W)
Between Fargo and Grand Forks
Yet again I sit here debating whether to make something black and white or color. I am primarily a color shooter but every once in a while I capture something that I know will be beautiful in black and white. The problem is that I think this picture works both ways. It encompasses everything I love about color photography with the interplay between the yellows, blues and greens playing off the clouds. But, when transformed to black and white it becomes a whole different animal. The contrast between the sky, the clouds and the geometric shapes of the elevators all come together to make a pretty dramatic image. I'm probably leaning towards the black and white but I just can't decide.

No comments: