Thursday, April 22, 2010

Four Eyes.

Arthur was here...
I have always liked glasses. I remember lying to an optometrist as a child just so he would give me reading glasses. I really didn't need them, but they made me feel intelligent and distinguished. I somehow thought the other kids would like me more. They would look at me and say "That guy is so smart!" "Why can't we be as cool as him?". The only things that could snap me out of my grandiose day dreams were the blinding headaches that accompanied the glasses that I didn't really need. Instead of looking smart and distinguished, I just looked squinty and nauseous most of the time. Lesson learned. The funny thing is that my desire to wear glasses as a kid probably messed up my eyes bad enough to necessitate glasses as an adult. Mission Accomplished!

No comments: